Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Two Down, Three To Go





I had a little time this afternoon so I took some pictures around our apartment. There isn't a lot to work with as far as beautiful scenery, so I just captured what I could. These two are the best of the dozen that I took. I am still getting to know my digital camera even though I've had it for over a year. I've just never taken the time to figure it out. It's a Canon Powershot A70. It's a really good camera for the price. My dream camera is the Digital Canon Rebel. I usually shoot with my Minolta SLR, but digital offers instant gratification.
I love shooting from unusual angles. It causes the viewer to take a second or third look to figure out exactly what the picture is. The first photo is pretty straight forward. It's just some leaves on a branch. I shot it in black and white in macro mode. The second is a little more interesting in my opinion. It's from a long leaf looking from the top down. It reminds me of the movie "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" when the kids slide down the blade of grass. Raise your hand if you think that would be fun!
I have the house all to myself tonight. Erin is out with our friend Thomas and Gina. Their nephew has spent part of the summer with them and this is his last week here so they took him to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and Erin tagged along. I'm a little disappointed. We were supposed to have a girl’s night, but I totally understand. I miss her when she is gone.
Well, I'm off to enjoy my Lean Cuisine Pecan Chicken. Only 5 points on my WW point-o-meter! I'll have one point left after this meal. Whatever shall I spend it on?

No comments: