Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's been a bit of a crazy week. We had to take Erin to the ER on Sunday for an allergic reaction to one of her antibiotics. It was just a slight rash, and after 7 hours they were able to prescribe another medication. Tuesday evening I had to take her to urgent care because she was running a low grade fever. They rescheduled her CT scan to yesterday. We met with her primary care doctor afterwards and she said that the scan showed several abcesses in her abdomen. The surgeon is looking over her chart and information this morning and should be giving us a call to let us know what will happen next. From the sound of it she will be having surgery to remove the abcesses and any pieces of the appendix that are still there. It seems my life is revolving around this situation, and of course that is how it should be. It has even invaded my dreams. Last night I had dreams about snakes trying to attack us. They were the strangest snakes. One had fur like a zebra and two heads. One was purple but changed colors to shades of green. I was very scared of them in my dream despite their odd appearance. I looked up some info on snakes in dreams and it can mean any number of things from death to having an issue that needs to be resolved. That seems fitting for my current situation. Hopefully this will all be over soon and we can return to life as normal although I'm sure it will take me a while to stop jumping everytime she says her tummy hurts or freaking out when the thermometer goes above 89.9.

No comments: