Thursday, February 23, 2006

The weather was beautiful today. It was warm enough for us to sit outside while visiting my friend Edith. She wanted to introduce Erin to her two new babies, little Dotsons named Spirit and Art. I wish I had taken my camera to get pictures to share. They are the most adorable little pooches ever. They were running and tumbling in the clover that coveres Edith's front yard. We watched, talked, and laughed. The sun was so warm on my skin that I almost forgot it's still winter. The smell of clover always reminds me of being a kid and playing outside. We, like most people in this area, do not have the luxury of a yard, and it is something I miss. When we move I will have all the yard I need, and I hope to never take it for granted.
I'm learning a lot from Edith. She's teaching me that it is always best to be true to myself even if that means hurting someone. I struggle with being honest about my needs if I feel like it could hurt someone. I aruge with myself and try to change the way I feel only to find myself more confused than ever. I'm learning to speak up for myself and to set my boundries. I'm learning that it is okay to be who I am where I am at this moment in time. I have to be honest with those around me about my expectations and needs. This doesn't mean that I can't bend or flex. It just means that I am up front and honest in the first place rather than just accepting things and grumbling about it later. I don't intentionaly hurt anyone, and I'm finding that if someone does get hurt, it's less about me and more about them.

2 comments:

aola said...

Edith sounds like a wise woman.

Kristen said...

I agree with Aola. Soak up some sun for me!