Monday, March 06, 2006

I've been looking at homes to buy near my father. Why do I do that to myself? I want so badly to be there now. I know it won't happen for several more months; months that could drag themselves into a year. A year isn't long to wait unless you've already waited through six of them.
There are moments when a year doesn't seem like enough time to finish all that is required to move a life across the country. There are other times when I think about throwing our stuff into a few bags and driving towards the sunrise without ever looking back.
I love California, there are things about it that I will miss. There are people I will miss, but I'm ready to put down roots. I'm ready to be close to my family.

2 comments:

aola said...

You've been so patient. I know it must be hard but David will be out of school soon and then you guys can make some real plans.

But, I've always been the one to just throw stuff in a bag and go.. like selling everything we owned and moving to Montana. (did you know we did that once?)

Sandra said...

I had no idea you did that. I knew you moved to Montana but I didn't know about the selling everything and going. It sounds like me throwing all my stuff into three boxes and jumping on a westbound plane. It's a blessing and a curse to be so spontaneous. :)