Friday, July 14, 2006

Everything but the kitchen sink.

I ordered tickets for my mom to come visit yesterday. She'll be visiting the second week of September, and we are all going to Disney Land together. I'm excited. It will be nice to see her. I haven't seen her in almost four years which is a rediculous amount of time for someone to go without seeing their mother.
Erin is flying to Seatle by herself in August. I was very uncertain about letting her do it, but once I read the policies and procedures, I felt better. She is going to visit a friend who moved up there. We know the family very well. We connected with them through Girl Scouts. Erin is very close to their daughter who is also adopted. I felt like not letting her go would be cheating her out of a very memorable trip. She is very excited. Every day we talk about safety and what to do in every situation. I am going to get her a FireFly phone to take with her on the trip.
We are forgoing the canoe trip this weekend. Fifty eight dollars for a canoe rental just seems like too much to me. I used to rent one at my dads for $10. There is a small chance that we will go tubing instead, but who knows.
Last Saturday Gina and I made sushi and plum jelly. I have some pictures to post of the sushi rolls. It was so much fun!

5 comments:

aola said...

I was scared, too, the first time I let Charlie fly alone but you're right,the airlines take every precaution for children.
I was scared - he wasn't.

It's been 4 years!! Oh,my, gosh. I can't believe it's been that long. Where does the time go?

Kristen said...

She will be totally fine! Just relax and she'll have fun!

Sandra said...

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling okay with it. We'll see how I feel when I take her to the airport. :)

Katt said...

Have any idea how much I love you? Or how much I miss you? There arent words enough..... but...... thats it IM moving to California..... heheh
MOM

Jennifer said...

Hey Sandra! See you all the time at Aola's place, so thought I'd drop in and say hello. Very cool site! I love the digital scrapbook thing.