Monday, July 16, 2007

On A Day When The Wind Is Perfect

by Rumi
from Love Poems From God



On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a
day.

My eyes are like the sun that makes promises:
the promise of life
that it always keeps

each morning.

The living heart gives to us as does that luminous sphere,
both caress the earth with great
tenderness.

There is a breeze that can enter the soul.
This love I know plays a drum. Arms move around me:
who can contain their self before my beauty?

Peace is wonderful,
but ecstatic dance is more fun, and less narcissistic;
gregarious He makes our lips.

On a day when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open
and the love starts.

Today is such
a day.


I'm trying to see every day like this. If I will just open myself the love will start. Admitidly, it is much easier to stay closed. My world seems bloated with work, house keeping, child raising, and husband caring. The daily "to do" list threatens to swallow me whole if I don't remember to feed it. So I squeeze in yoga between loads of laundry and pretend to meditate while washing dishes. Then it hits me; the list of things to do is an excuse not to be.

2 comments:

aola said...

I just wanted to tell you, again, how much I enjoyed you writing about your Mexico vacation.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Sandra said...

Thanks A! It was important for me to blog it since I forgot my journal. It's amazing how quickly the little details can slip away when you don't write them down.