Thursday, August 02, 2007

If there truly is a time for everything, this is our time to stay. Through a series of events it has become clear to us that it isn't the right time to go despite our fierce desire to leave. David's boss offered him a promotion with an increase in pay that is significant to us. It would mean paying off bills in half the time it would have taken. While we were debating between accepting the offer and staying until June of next year or just saying "to hell with it!" and leaving, my dad called to say that the plans they had for moving out of their house fell through, which means if we were to move, there would be no place for us to move to.
I am sad that we have to put off our move, but relieved that David's promotion will allow us to move without any debt and with a little bit of a nest egg. I called my grandma to discuss it with her and of course she agrees that we should stay as does my dad. They are disappointed that we won't be there next month, but they want us to do what is best for our family. I am planning a trip out to visit them for Thanksgiving which should hold me over until we move in June, and so help me, we will move!
A big reason for wanting to move was Erin going to school here. We really don't want to send her to the local middle school here. I have been checking into home schooling options and found this. It seems like a reasonable option for our situation. It won't be easy because I still work even if my office is next to our apartment, but I think it will be worth it. Erin and I have been talking about it, and she is excited. In all honesty, I think she is looking forward to not having to wake up early and get dressed. :) We are going to give it a try and see what happens. It will mean a lot more cooperation on both our parts, but I think it will be good for both of us. Aola, if you have any homeschooling tips, please share them! I know I'm going to need all the help I can get!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like the Lord is working out all the arrangements for you,, is it not a great feeling that He goes before you and makes straight the path.......... June is not that far away,,,,, Leaving debt free is always the Lord's way,,,, soooooooo let me know when we will see you here,, our offer for the motel room still stands,,,

ad

aola said...

We have never used an online academy because of the expense, but, it looks like a good one. They are usually pretty hard, but, I think it's best since you intend to put her back in the public school system in PA.
The hardest part is making her stay consistant in her work.
But, it's great to get to go to school in your pj's!!

Unknown said...

I am a huge fan of getting out of debt.

Getting off the treadmill of owing money for stuff you already have is a huge burden lifted.

I know you are disappointed, but this is a postponement.

Sandra said...

Thanks Aunt Denise! Erin and I may be out in September. I'm trying to work it out now.

A, this online accademy is a state funded program. It's just like sending her to public school without all the other kids and drama!

CV, of course you a right. This is just a postponment, not a never. :)

aola said...

WoW - that's even better!!

McMom said...

I am sorry you have to postpone moving but it sounds like things are working nicely and you are being given gift in being able to get out of debt. The year will go by quickly!