Monday, July 28, 2008

Saturday found us at PNC Park enjoying a Pirates game with Jen and her sister Karen. The new park is nothing short of amazing, but a little piece of me missed Three Rivers Stadium. We were treated to a fireworks show thanks to a country music festival that was being held at the same time as the game. I love fireworks!

We slept in Sunday and I did a lot of nothing. I ended up sleeping on the couch most of the day. Sure, there were things to be done, but I was tired. After my long day of resting we went to a hot dog roast at Jen's house. The food was yummy and the conversation was even better. I love being able to sit outside in the country air while watching the fireflies and eating homemade ice cream. Life doesn't get any better than that.

Today David began his job search. He dropped off several resumes and filled out a few applications. He's planning on going out again tomorrow. Say a little prayer that he'll find the right job.

We also start birthing classes tomorrow. Hayden will be here in 7 weeks! This week I'm focusing on getting his room ready.

4 comments:

McMom said...

Sound like you are settling in and making new memories!!

aola said...

Seven Weeks... Holy Smokes!!

Did Erin get the game I mailed?

Unknown said...

I wish there were fireflies in the northwest...........

Your weekend sounds just wonderful.

Kristen said...

Ditto on the fireflies! Hope your birthing classes go well--and hey, take all the rest you can get!