Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yesterday was beautiful. David and I spent the day working in the yard. It was a bit neglected last summer because of all the chaos, so there was a lot to be done. We managed to put a pretty good dent in it, but there is still more to do. I think there will always be more to do.
My step-sister, nephew, grandma, and aunt came over for dinner. I made pecan crusted salmon for my step-sister, grandma, and me. David made taco's for everyone else. The salmon was delicious! I had it in a restaurant in San Francisco once and I've wanted to make it since, but never got around to it. My sister was in Pittsburgh over the weekend and was nice enough to buy me some fresh salmon so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did. It was yummy.
We sat out on the porch while we ate. I played one of my favorite cd's and we enjoyed the nice weather and each others company.
For desert I made my favorite cream puff cake. I substituted regular pudding for sugar free because I'm in a more health conscious mood than I have been lately.

This week promises to be busy. Erin has a counseling appointment tomorrow night, softball practice on Thursday, my mom will be here Saturday, and the entire family is meeting for dinner on Sunday. I hope that Erin and I will have a little time to work on the flower garden together, and I'd like to make a trip to Home Depot for an heirloom tomato plant and maybe a strawberry plant. My grandma is handling the big vegetable garden at her house, but I want to have tomatoes here. I'd love to have my own mini garden with garlic, onions, lettuce, cucumbers, and a ton of flowers, but there isn't time for me to do all of that before the surgery. So a few potted herbs, a flower bed, and a tomato plant will have to do this year.

2 comments:

aola said...

your life sounds delicious and yes, there is always more to do

Denise said...

Love to garden..... got that from Pottsy! Praying for you girl and I will post it on Saturday...... GOD is watching and HE is the one we cling to regardless of the past hurts... HE never fails us.....

Love ya!