Saturday, June 19, 2010

Remember my list?

Inspired by Melissa Jill, I created a list of things I want to do sometime in the not so distant future.  I gave myself the freedom of no time frame, but promised myself I'd refer to the list regularly so I wouldn't forget my want-to-dos.   I'm happy to say I've checked a few items of the list.  It's no giant leap, but it is a small step in the check-off-that-list direction. 

1. Play a song on the guitar in a somewhat recognizable manner.
2. Get a massage & pedicure without feeling guilty or changing my mind at the last minute. (My feet thanked me profusely!)
3. Visit the local covered bridges with my camera just in case they do something amazing.
4. Cook something French. (I made french toast and french fries, but I'm not checking this of the list yet.)
5. Start working out at least 4 times a week.  It still counts if I've started and stopped right?
6. Photograph my grandma.
7. Visit Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
9. Have sushi in Pittsburgh
10. Test out my newly repaired heart with a nice jog. (This should be doable now that my heart rate and blood pressure are almost normal.)  The jog felt great. My lungs didn't burn at all!
11. Visit the local ashram I saw on my drive to Clarion.
12. Take a yoga class. I rented a Yoga video from Netflix. That counts right?
13. Finish my wedding scrapbook.
14. Go to Brookville for their annual Christmas festival.
15. Take a business class or two.
16. visit Jen.
17. Take a vacation.
18. Go on a canoe trip
19. Test out the slopes here in western PA.
20. visit Becky.
21. paint the kitchen
22. hang my photos
23. make homemade pasta
25. take David & Erin for a sunset drive on the back roads.   It was exactly the experience I wanted it to be for them, beautiful with a bit of magic thrown in.

I wasn't sure how I'd do with a list.  I thought it might make me feel pressured and take a little of the fun out of it, but this list has been a sweet reminder.  When life gets to fast and I feel to stressed I search for something on the list that I can do to remind myself that in the process of all this working I am living, and there's not point to any of it if I don't enjoy myself too.  I'll be check many of the remaining items off soon!

No comments: