Saturday, October 22, 2011

The last three weeks have been a crazy chaotic mess.  We've been dealing with over-the-top drama with Erin.  It's almost been enough to make me want to stick my head in the sand or runaway.  If I hadn't been so stressed I probably would have just broken down and cried, but I never had the time or energy to do that.  My only option was to face each minute knowing that eventually I'd be on the other side of it.  We still aren't completely on the other side of it.  Is there really such a place?  We are moving through it.  Wading through the hurt feelings, I'm sorries, and ways to make it better.  If I had all the answers I'd make it all better.  I'd say the words and wave my magic wand, but I don't.  So we will walk this path one step at a time praying and searching for each next step. Through all of this I hope Erin finds herself.  That she is able to let old wounds heal and stop rehashing a past that can only bring her more pain.  I hope she is able to see that she is not defined by what she has been through.  For months I've had a phrase rolling around in my head "you can change your stripes".  I hope that Erin changes her stripes. 

No comments: