Monday, August 01, 2005

Del Valle


Del Valle is a beautiful park about 30 minutes from us. We usually go there every year to camp. The camp sites are nice; there is a cool ranger program for the kids, a nice lake, a nature center, and plenty of trails. We didn't camp this weekend; we just went for a swim and a hike. It was a beautiful day, but HOT! 102 in the shade! Poor David doesn't swim so he just sat at a picnic bench and watched Erin and I as we swam. The water was fairly cold so it was a nice way to cool off. We didn't stay in long because I felt awful for David. After our swim we went for a hike. It didn't take us long to realize that not only was it too hot to be hiking, our dog, Patches, just wasn't in the mood. Patches is, for the most part, an indoor dog. Her feet aren't very tough so as we walked, she would run from one patch of shade to another. We walked about half a mile in, took her down to a little clearing so she could walk in the water for a minute and then headed back. She slept the entire way home. She is still recovering today.
All in all, it was a beautiful day. I love being outside enjoying nature. It's not something we do often. David is a stay at home and watch movies type of guy. I think he's just embarrassed by his white legs which are two shades darker after yesterday!
Next weekend I'm trying to convince him to go to Filoli house which is a Georgian mansion with a 16 acre garden! Can you imagine that Aola?? 16 acres of garden!! Wow!

1 comment:

aola said...

oh yeah, I can imagine it. One of my favorite places in the world is the botanical garden in Ft. Worth.I don't know how many acres it is but it is so beautiful.

The Chickasaws have moved their garden spot out by Kerr Lab. I so want to go see it... 200 acres of gardens.