Saturday, September 17, 2005

A Better Day

I'm feeling 100% better today! I've been ignoring the mess in my house inorder to scrapbook most of the day. I made a couple of pages I'm pretty proud of. I even squeezed in an afternoon walk/run on the treadmill. I really pushed hard and managed to go a mile in 22 minutes. I usually warm up at 2mph the first three minutes then I alternate between running at 3.5mph and walking at 3mph for three minutes each. I finish up with a cool down at 2mh for three minutes. I haven't been on the treadmill since I tore my calf muscle months ago so I'm pretty excited that I was able to do this much. My goal is to be able to do a 15 minute mile. I only have to improve my speed by 7 minutes. That shouldn't be a problm. Right?!?
Our friend, Danny, was over today. He is leaving for bootcamp in a week. He will either be going to MO or TX for nine weeks then he'll go to ATI training for a few months and then he'll be going to Iraq. I'm scared for him as I am for all of the people over there. I told him to write so that we know he is okay. He doesn't have much family. His dad killed himself when he was very young and I don't know anything about his mom. He has a brother and a sister that he's close to. He has two beautiful kids. He says he's doing this so they will be taken care of.

No comments: