Thursday, May 18, 2006

Everything but the kitchen sink...

Finally, a church we can all attend.

Erin tried out for her schools talent show on Tuesday. She and her new friend, Gigi, will be shaking their butts to Shakira. Don't worry, I'm a total prude so it's a tasteful dance. Keep your fingers crossed that they make it in. We'll know on Monday.
Speaking of talent, I love American Idol finalist, Taylor Hicks. Yes, I watch the show faithfully, and I don't care how that reflects on me as a person. You can hear some songs from Taylor's cd here. Listen and tell me what you think of this soulful grey haired almost idol.
My sister-in-law told us Sunday that she is six weeks pregnant. She lost the last one at 7 weeks so we're all praying that this pregnancy will be okay.
A friend recently told me that her husband has lung cancer. He's been sick for several months with what the doctors thought was pneumonia. When it didn't get better, they realized the worst. He's starting chemo. Surgery is not an option because it's already spread to his bronchial tube. Please pray for her and her family.
Once again I am reminded that there is life and death in equal proportion. The universe keeps it's delicate balance.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

It is hard to express how much I love Tom Jones. Wow. That's awesome.

Life is delicate, isn't it?

(PS I also love Shakira.)