Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I need some advice. My mom called me yesterday to let me know that a friend Erin was very close to when she lived in Tulsa died in a car accident. While Erin hasn't spoken to this friend since she moved here, she does ask about her a lot. Just before Erin moved here her friend moved to Las Vegas. Erin sometimes talkes about how they planned to meet in the middle, or how we could go to Vegas and find her.
Should I tell Erin? The biggest part of me knows that I should, but a small part of me doesn't want to. I'm not at all sure how she is going to handle this news.
Please pray for the mom of this little girl. I only know that her name is Angel and that her daughter, Brianna, was her world. I don't want to imagine what she must be going through right now.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You need to tell her gently. It will be better coming from you, and at a good time, not just randomly when she mentions her on the way to school or something. It will be hard for you both, but it needs to happen. I'm sure she knows this already, but death is a natural part of life, and it hurts and sucks. At least you will be there if she has questions or needs comforting.

aola said...

What did you decide?

I thought about this for a long time and decided to keep my mouth shut... because I knew you would make the right decision for Erin.