Thursday, February 21, 2008

The post that took forever to get here!

What seems like forever ago, we found out we were pregnant. I avoided posting about it until our first visit to the doctor, so we could make sure everything was okay. That first visit was today. I'm extremely happy to say that everything is okay. Baby Jackson is almost eight weeks old and mama is healthy and happy other than the dreaded morning sickness which has plagued me since week four. It's been so difficult not to share this exciting news here, where I share everything. My recent lack of posting has been a result of sickness, fear that I would spill the beans too soon and something would go wrong, and a general feeling of mind numbness.
Even with the ultrasound photos as proof, this all seems so unreal. We had planned on having a baby this year, but hadn't planed on it happening this soon. Either way, we're very excited, nervous, and every other emotion you can imagine. I'll be looking forward to the sound advice that all the other mama's around here have to share, and I'll be paying close attention to Kristen's pregnancy and birth adventure since I'll be following close behind.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW
WOW
WOW
WOW
HOLY COW
WOW
WOW
WOW


Congratulations! Wow!

I need a couple of days to process this....

wow

R said...

Congratulations!!!
So excited for you.

aola said...

I am so happy for you guys!!

You and David are going to be great parents and Erin will be such a good big sister.

Elaine said...

Yay! =D

Kristen said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm so excited for you! (Seriously I can't wipe the grin off my face!)

You are already a wonderful mom and friend; this baby is very lucky.

:) Email anytime (not that I have great advice--it's my first time too), but I can commiserate when needed and offer any help I can.

Kristen said...

Okay, now when are you due?

Kelli said...

So exciting!

Congratulations!!!

McMom said...

AWESOME!!Another baby on the way!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Old Folks Blog said...

Thank you Sandra,you are going to make us great grandparents {but we already knew,we were GREAT}LOL.
Will keep you BOTH in our prayers.
Love much,
The Oldfolks

Sandra said...

Thank you all! :)

I'm due September 24th. My dad was hoping for the 16th which is his birthday.
My grandma was hoping for twins, but we can only see one little baby in there. :)

Denise said...

Congrats Sandy...... I knew about it from your Mom's blog weeks ago...... but glad you are now letting up know official...... September is good month..... Grandmother Potts ,,,, and PE.......You will make great Mom... When are you heading to PA? Look forward to seeing you and David and Erin again ( Missed David the last time)

ad

E. Michelle said...

wow. I missed a lot... congratulations, Sandy.