Friday, October 09, 2009

It is late and I am tired, but I don't want to go to bed. The house is quiet and that is a rarity. Hayden, is not pulling at my arm or demanding play time. Erin is not complaining about life in general. David is not sawing, drilling, or doing lord knows what while working on his latest poker table order. There is only the soft hum of the computer and the stillness of night. Even the crickets and bull frogs are quiet.

I am currently scouring ehealthinsurance.com for a new insurance plan. We received David's benefit information and it is through a provider my current surgeon and cardiologist don't accept. Unfortunately, my search is not showing a plan that matches the one offered through his job for the same $$. It looks like I will have to meet and adjust to a new cardiologist. This makes me more than a little sad. I've grown used to my current cardiologist and trust him completely. Luckily, I am through all the serious stuff. All that is left is routine check ups and seeing if we can figure out what is going on with this blood pressure! It's still rather high, 130/70 with medication, and my heart rate is still hovering around 85 with medication.

I have an engagement session and senior session to shoot this weekend. I'm hopeful that the weather will cooperate for both and I can get some pretty pictures. It's been a while since my last session and I'm really looking forward to being behind the camera again.

I'm also hopeful that we'll be able to squeeze in a trip to the pumpkin patch. I can't believe it's been a year since I dressed Hayden in his little pumpkin suit and paraded him through the pumpkins. I remember it like it was yesterday! He was so small and fit perfectly in his sling. I remember wanting nothing more than to be close enough to touch him forever. I still feel that way. At night I move him to our bed when he wakes up and enjoy holding him next to me. He tosses and turns, sometimes hitting his dad or me in the head or laying on top of us. So many people tell us he shouldn't sleep with us, but I ignore them. He will only be a baby for a little while. There are only so many of these moments to savor.

5 comments:

E. Michelle said...

I really like this new layout. How is the new job coming?

Kristen said...

I like the new layout, too.

I have found, in general, that I should just cherish my child and enjoy her and tell the people giving advice (about putting her in her crib/weaning her/etc.) to suck it. I mean, to thank them for their advice...and then do what I want. :)

Love you, friendie!

Sandra said...

Thanks ya'll!

E, the new job is okay. It's like cookie cutter photography which is mind numbing, but it pays the bills.

K, I like the way you think!

Kelli said...

I also love the new layout! It looks great. And I agree about savoring those baby moments - they go by so quickly.

aola said...

love the new look

you know what is right for you and Hayden and that is all that counts.

I love those moments when the house is quiet and still