Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If ever there were an anthem for teenage girls....

this is it.

Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down

You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white

Lately her ups and downs have me feeling motion sick and all I can think is
that I really want off this ride! I know she's a mess of hormones and she's just
trying to spread her itty bitty baby wings to separate herself from me. It's funny
how none of that psycho-babel bull crap matters too much when your incredibly
immature 13-year-old is telling you that she really doesn't give a crap if you take
away her x-box because you take away everything anyway and asks you why you can't
be like all the other parents in the world who don't give a crap and let their
kids play video games whenever they want.

Yes, I admit it. I am an awful parent. I actually think that video-game playing
time should be limited and that there should be time in the day to complete homework,
chores, and sit down with the family for dinner.  I'm not sure how they ever
allowed a despicable person like me to become a mom.

***********************************

I watched this and I'm a little less frustrated. (It's long, but worth it!)



I think I'll go hug that hormonal mess and remind her that I love her.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh boy. My thirteen year old sister has been staying with us, and I totally get this post. Sometimes I wonder if I'm harder on her because she's my sister and not my kid, but you just made me feel like the answer is no. I hope I'm hard on my kids, too :)

Oh, and good luck - I know they can be frustrating. :)

Sandra said...

Kelli, thanks for the luck wish. I need it! :) Hope things are going well with your sister.

aola said...

at some point in their lives each of my boys have come to me and thanked me for being the meanest Mom in alive... hopefully, she will figure that out someday, for her sake.

Kristen said...

It's funny how similar the toddlers and teenagers in our lives are, eh?

Sandra said...

Quite funny Kristen. Though the toddler version is much more adorable!

I hope she figures it out A. I really really do!