Sunday, August 15, 2010

I photographed my last wedding of the season yesterday.  Weddings always create such a strange mix of emotion in me.  I see the newly married couple so in love with each other and with the endless possibilities that stretch out in front of them.  It always reminds me of that time in my life.  I wouldn't want to go back to that place because there is something to be said for having ten years under your belt, but I do relish the sweet memories of being so young and so in love that we were oblivious to anything else.  Yesterday as I watched the bride dance with her grandfather I couldn't help but think of each of my grandfathers.  I started married life with both of them and now they are both gone.  Life changes so quickly.  One of the bridesmaids and I talked about the importance of these moments and their fleeting nature.  A wedding is one day, but the memories of that day last a lifetime.  I hope that I was able to capture photos that will help them remember forever. 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I know exactly what you mean--it's good to have that knowing, that security after so long. But the excitement of even a kiss...that's something to miss.

Unknown said...

I was also filled with emotions when I photographed weddings. Remembering the wonderful day with Craig, thinking of people there and how things have changed.

It's good.