Friday, January 21, 2011

"I think that we can get misled by what we interpret as inspiration. True inspiration comes from within us; it’s a drive that is almost impossible to ignore…a thirst that must be quenched and a hunger that must be fed. False inspiration results from envy…from trying to keep up…from feeling inadequate. True inspiration is fed and fortified by our senses…including our visual senses. However there is a strong distinction between creating from these two very different places."

I found this on MadelineBea and it stirred my soul.  Lately, it feels as all I am doing is trying to keep up, and failing quite miserably.  I know  that I should stop, rest, and refocus.  


A few months ago while at the mall, I stumbled across this quote:
"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.  Pursue those." Michael Nolan. 

So, I'm tying to focus on getting back to the heart of things, back to what inspires me.  Yes, I have a lot going on right now, but that is no reason not to live genuinely.  I can either go through the motions or be the one making things move. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I really like that quote. I'll be meditating on that this week. Thanks, Sandra. :)