Friday, April 08, 2011

This past week has gone by much too quickly.  I guess that is the way it goes when you have a break from work or school.  I managed to get a good amount of rest and relaxation done.  Most importantly I soaked up time with Hayden.  I've missed spending my days with him since I started school.  Unfortunately Erin was in school so I didn't get to see any more of her than I usually do.  I also got some work around the house done, re-read "Tuesday's With Morrie" ( A book that always reminds me to live every second of this life to the fullest.) and had a fantastic photo session with a friend who is pregnant with baby number two. All in all it was a good week.  This weekend we are visiting Jen, and I'm so excited.  I've been promising to visit her since we moved up here, but it hasn't worked out until now.  I'm looking forward to see her "neck of the woods", and spending time with her. 

School starts back on Monday.  I can barely believe that we are half way through this journey.  I am equal parts ready for this phase to be completed and saddened by the thought that it will be over so soon.  I have a great deal of learning to do between now and then in order to feel the slightest bit confident about being a nurse.   Our next level covers obstetrics, pediatrics, and psychiatric.  It's the level  I am mosts excited about.  My hope is to go on to be a pediatric nurse  specializing in the NICU.  That will include much more schooling and training, but I had to start somewhere.

2 comments:

aola said...

you are amazing. i'm so glad you got to enjoy your time off with Hayden.

Kristen said...

Wow--that sounds incredible. I am excited for your next step. :)

Glad you got to soak up your boy.