Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Do you ever have those moments when you feel like it is all going by to quickly? In March we will celebrate my husbands 35th birthday. Thirty-five isn't old. I know this. What I also know is that the last ten years have gone by in the blink of an eye! I remember his 25th birthday like it was yesterday. I had "happy quarter of a century" put on his cake. In the last ten years we've adopted Erin, said goodbye to several family members and a few furry friends. We both finished school. We've moved across the country and had Hayden. We've lived the last ten years but a part of me feels like I am never really in the moment. I'm always waiting for the next big thing or working towards some self imposed goal. I don't want the next ten years to feel like this. I don't want to spend my time waiting the days away. I want to be fully aware of each moment and embracing each and every day. I'm not entirely sure how to live this way but I'm going to figure it out! I don't want to wake up ten years from now when Erin is 26 and Hayden us 13 only to realize that one again time has slipped through my hands.

1 comment:

aola said...

it just seems to happen...