Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Waiting...

I keep waiting for life to slow down.  While I know this will not happen, a small part of me expects it or maybe just keeps hoping for it.  I remind myself daily to just breathe and take it all in.  June brings sunshine, wild flowers, fireflies, and more beauty than anyone can absorb.  I love this place and I love this time of year.  I try not to think about what waits ahead.  July and August will speed past and before I know it the chill of September will be here. 
I miss my grandma daily.  Yesterday I sat on the porch and went through a box of letters.  Most of them were to my grandpa from people I didn't know, but a few were more love notes from her.  As much as I knew her there was so much I didn't know.  I would like to have talked to her about these letter and about being married at 16 and having four children by 22.  It feels strange to not have any grandparents left.  I feel sad for Hayden and Erin. 
Friday we went to Cook Forest had a picnic by the river, played miniature golf, and finished the day with ice cream.  It was lovely to enjoy my family and nature. I wish there were more days like that. 

No comments: