Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Thoughts On Juggling

I can't juggle, be it the three lime green tennis balls I have been practicing with for months or my life which isn't as soft or bouncy as the tennis balls. My downfall is the same with both. I haven't found the up down rythm that keeps things from coliding.
How do I balance being a wife and mother, having a job, and wanting to be my own person too? It usually comes down to one or the other. Often times I sacrafice what I want to do inorder to be the wife/mother I chose to be, but not always. I feel like there has to be a balance, but my daughter is a bottomless pit when it comes to attention. As soon as I sit down to do something for me, she is there asking me to read with her or play a game, none of which I mind doing, but where do I draw the line? Should there even be a line? I have always been a person that needs my space. Children do not understand that concept. The world revolves around them.
As for now, I squeeze in a minute in between work and picking her up from school, or in the evening after she has gone to bed when I am already so tired I should go to bed myself.
I have found time in the last week to do some digiscrap'n. I added the new links on the side. If you are in the mood for a good laugh, check out the "Almost Funny" layout. It'll give you some idea of what parents of wanna-be-teen daughters deal with.
Thanks for listening to me rant!

2 comments:

aola said...

that is funny... Em hates bras (a girl after my own heart :)

The movie poster, the movie, everything you did to make it happen is just incredible! you are so talented!

Sandra said...

I only wish Erin hated bras!! She will when she acctually has to wear them I'm sure.

Thanks! We tried hard to make it a special day for her.

Thanks for looking at the pages. :)